Montserrat tour: Start your full day trip from Barcelona in a comfortable Bus to the mountain of Montserrat which rises majestically to 4,051 feet (1,236 meter) above sea level. The rocks of Montserrat were formed by natural cement of sand during the centuries. The wind and rain shaped the mountain with strange and varied forms. The popular imagination has seen human or animal shapes in some of these peaks, giving those names and inventing legends to explain their fantastic origins. This trip to Montserrat will give you the opportunity to enjoy the wonderful and breathtaking views of the Montserrat Mountain, one of nature’s special creations.
You will visit the Royal Basilica of Montserrat, which holds the famous 12th century Romanesque carving of Verge Moreneta (the Black Madonna). You will be able to see this famous statue of the Black Madonna from a distance. The Benedict sanctuary of Montserrat has been founded in 1025 and provides a mystical backdrop for the Virgin of Montserrat, the patron saint of Catalonia who is enshrined in the monastery’s Royal Basilica. The little monastery soon began to receive pilgrims and visitors who contributed to the spread of stories of miracles and wonders performed by the Virgin. Today, Montserrat has been modernized to continue attending to the needs to pilgrims, one thousand years after it was originally founded.
You will be given some free time to visit the audio visual exhibition about the history and creation of Montserrat. And taste typical liquors of Montserrat.
The Escolania of Montserrat is one of the oldest boys choirs in Europe (XIV Century). On some days the children’s choir sings in the monastery and so you may be fortunate enough to catch one of their delightful performances. Their timeframe is subjected to the school calendar and special events of the choir and monastery.
Our tour to Montserrat will finish in our office at Balmes 5, downtown, where the second part of the tour departs.
Departure at 15.30h Check in at 15.15h in c/Balmes nº5.
Barcelona is known as the capital of Modernism and the place where the famous architect Antoni Gaudí worked and lived. Gaudi, one of the greatest innovators of his time, has left behind numerous treasures for the discerning tourist to discover in Barcelona. This Artistic Tour of Barcelona starts at the Balmes nº5, we will take you to the Sagrada Familia (Holy Family) Basilica, Gaudi’s unfinished masterpiece which is Barcelona’s most famous landmark. The guide will take you on a walking tour of the exterior of the Sagrada Familia, to admire the richly and symbolically decorated facades, where vaults reach up to seventy meters.
Next you will discover Gaudi’s bizarre Park Güell which has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Be careful, it’s easy to get lost in the whimsical design of this bizarre but compelling public park with a perfect integration of the architectural elements in nature.
Our tour continues to Passeig de Gràcia to see Gaudi’s famous apartment buildings like Casa Mila “La Pedrera”, Casa Batlló and others modernist buildings. The tour ends near the Casa Batlló – Passeig de Gràcia, 43.
NOTE FOR ARTISTIC:
From 1ST of November to 31st of March we will visit the Park Güell before than Sagrada Familia.
PERIODO: 01 abr 2017 – 31 mar 2018
DURACIÓN: 10 hrs apróx.
SALIDA: Balmes, 5 (Barcelona)
LLEGADA: Casa Batlló – Passeig de Gràcia, 43, 08007 Barcelona
TIPO DE VENTA: Venta Libre
POLÍTICA DE CANCELACIÓN: 24 horas sin coste. Menos de 24 horas o No Presentación 100%.
NO OPERA: 11sep, 24 sep, 25dic, 26 dic y 01ene, 05ene, 06 ene
TIPO DE BONO: Bono físico o bono electrónico
- Air conditioned motor coach
- Bilingual official guide
- Taste of 4 typical liquors and entrance to the audio visual “Espai Audio visual Montserrat” exhibition in Montserrat. The exhibition is based on three fundamental pillars: mountain, monastery and sanctuary. It explains to its visitors the history, natural creation and significance of this pilgrimage site.
- Guided walking tour of Park Güell with entrance
- Guided walking tour outside of the Sagrada Familia
- Guided walking tour of Passeig de Gràcia (Casa Milà “La Pedrera” and Casa Batlló)
- Entrances to Sagrada Familia, Casa Milà “La Pedrera” and Casa Batlló
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Please be aware that some walking is included during this tour, please come prepared and we recommend wearing comfortable clothes and shoes.
- There is approximately 35 min between both parts of the excursions, during this time you will be able to get lunch (not included) in the city centre of Barcelona.
- Correct dress code is requested to enter the Basilica at Montserrat. It is not permitted to enter with tank tops, strapless shirts, short shorts or sandals.
- At Montserrat there is a mountains climate, depending on the season you will need clothes protecting you from the rain and/or cold.